04 Feb 2021 – National letters are now being sent inviting over 70s and the clinically extremely vulnerable to book a vaccine appointment via the NHS website or by ringing 119. The letter enables you to book an appointment at the local mass vaccination centre (Ashton Gate) or pharmacy. You do not need to do this if you would prefer to be vaccinated by Cadbury Heath Health care, your GP practice. We can assure you that we have your details so you don’t need to contact us if you haven’t heard from us yet – we will contact you very soon. Please only book your appointment at one location.
Your GP surgery remains open and we continue to provide care for people who need it. However, we are having to work differently due to Coronavirus. We are currently offering additional support to our local hospitals and care homes so that our NHS can provide life-saving care to those who need it most during this difficult time. This means that as a surgery, we need to prioritise our most urgent patients and depending on your problem, we may have to ask you to wait.
As our patients, you can help us. Here’s how:
· Please check our website and NHS choices which both have lots of information about how to help yourself if you have a minor illness. Our website also has details of local helplines and groups you can contact for wellbeing issues.
· You can also use the expertise of your local pharmacist – information about how your pharmacy can help.
· Please stay on top of your medications and don’t let them run out.
· Be kind to our navigators and reception teams – they often have limited appointments to offer.
· Please do get in touch with us if you have potentially serious problems, such as potential signs of cancer.
· Self-isolate for 10 days if you have COVID symptoms – call 111 if you start to feel worse.
· We will continue to offer COVID vaccinations to our patients. Please wait to be contacted rather than contacting us – we’ll be in touch when it’s your turn.