APRIL 2022 – Spring Covid Boosters Over 75 Years of Age
We are holding a vaccine clinic on Saturday 7 May 2022 for patients over the age of 75 years, please call our Front line Team 0117 9805700 to book a place.
APRIL 2022 –
Children aged 5-11 years of age, Covid vaccination clinic Saturday 30 April 2022 at Kingswood Health Centre, please call our Front line team 0117 9805700 to book a place.
Third dose vaccination for severely immunosuppressed aged 12+
The JCVI has advised that people with severely weakened immune systems should have a third COVID-19 vaccine dose. This is separate to any potential COVID-19 booster vaccination. There are national recommendations as to who is considered eligible for the third vaccine and General Practices are working with Hospital Specialists locally to identify those who should receive this. There is no need contact the NHS. If you or your child is eligible for vaccination, we will contact you. For more information see JCVI issues advice on third dose vaccination for severely immunosuppressed – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
August 2021 – 2nd Covid 19 Vaccine Information
Further information for individuals who have received a COVID-19 vaccination overseas can be found here.
If you have received a first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine overseas that is also available in the UK, you should have the same type of vaccine for your second dose.
In the UK the following COVID-19 vaccines are currently available:
If the vaccine you received for your first dose is not available in the UK, you should be offered the most similar alternative. A clinician at the vaccine clinics will be able to advise you on this.
COVID-19 vaccination supply update message for patients
- “Supplies of first dose COVID-19 vaccine are low at the moment, so we may not be able to book your vaccination appointment immediately. Please be assured that as soon as we have received supply, and once your age cohort becomes open, we will be in touch with you to book your vaccination. We ask that you please bear with us and know that we are working tirelessly to vaccinate people as quickly as possible using every potential slot and every dose of vaccine as soon as we receive it.”
04 Feb 2021 – National letters are now being sent inviting over 70s and the clinically extremely vulnerable to book a vaccine appointment via the NHS website or by ringing 119. The letter enables you to book an appointment at the local mass vaccination centre (Ashton Gate) or pharmacy. You do not need to do this if you would prefer to be vaccinated by Cadbury Heath Health care, your GP practice. We can assure you that we have your details so you don’t need to contact us if you haven’t heard from us yet – we will contact you very soon. Please only book your appointment at one location.
Your GP surgery remains open and we continue to provide care for people who need it. However, we are having to work differently due to Coronavirus. We are currently offering additional support to our local hospitals and care homes so that our NHS can provide life-saving care to those who need it most during this difficult time. This means that as a surgery, we need to prioritise our most urgent patients and depending on your problem, we may have to ask you to wait.
As our patients, you can help us. Here’s how:
· Please check our website and NHS choices which both have lots of information about how to help yourself if you have a minor illness. Our website also has details of local helplines and groups you can contact for wellbeing issues.
· You can also use the expertise of your local pharmacist – information about how your pharmacy can help.
· Please stay on top of your medications and don’t let them run out.
· Be kind to our navigators and reception teams – they often have limited appointments to offer.
· Please do get in touch with us if you have potentially serious problems, such as potential signs of cancer.
· Self-isolate for 10 days if you have COVID symptoms – call 111 if you start to feel worse.
· We will continue to offer COVID vaccinations to our patients. Please wait to be contacted rather than contacting us – we’ll be in touch when it’s your turn.