Repeat Prescription Collection
All repeat prescription requests should be made in writing or ordered online (here) and will be processed within 2 working days as shown below:
|Prescription request received (AM)||Prescription ready for collection||Prescription request received (PM)||Prescription ready for collection|
|Monday before 2pm||Wednesday after 2pm||Monday after 2pm||Thursday after 2pm|
|Tuesday before 2pm||Thursday after 2pm||Tuesday after 2pm||Friday after 2pm|
|Wednesday before 2pm||Friday after 2pm||Wednesday after 2pm||Monday after 2pm|
|Thursday before 2pm||Monday after 2pm||Thursday after 2pm||Tuesday after 2pm|
|Friday before 2pm||Tuesday after 2pm||Friday after 2pm||Wednesday after 2pm|
On occasion, you may find that you urgently need a prescription to be processed faster than the standard 48 hours procedure allows. Please note that we will only process such urgent requests for the following medication types:
- Strong Analgesics, e.g. Oxycodone, Buprenorphine Patches (i.e. not over-the-counter medications)
- Oral Steroids
Please be considerate of other patients and allow sufficient time for prescription requests to be processed.
If you would like the prescription to be sent to your nominated pharmacy kindly allow an additional 24 hours before collecting your medication from the pharmacy.
Repeat prescriptions can be ordered in several ways that meet our expectation of a written request:
- Online by using EMIS Access. (To use this service you will need to come into the practice to register. You will need to bring one form of photo identification and one item showing proof of address.) Click here to sign in if you are registered for this service.
- By completing a repeat prescription request form at the front desk of reception.
- By submitting the re-order form (the right side of your latest prescription) to the prescription clerk box in our reception.
- Some chemists (Boots Cadbury Health, Ellacombe Pharmacy, Ideal Chemist Warmley, Shaunaks Chemist, Billings Chemist, Asda and Boots at Longwell Green) operate a prescription collection service and will bring your request to us if you ask them to, and some of them will deliver your medication to your house.
We are now able to accept registrations from under 16s for our Patient Online Access service. This enables patients to book GP appointments and order repeat prescriptions on line. This was previously only available to patients over the age of 16. Please check the Patient Online Access application form for more details on under 16 registration.